Skip to main content

As simply as that

If you fall in love with me
You don't need to take me away to the city
You don't need to take me away to watch the lastest movie in the cinema
You don't need to give me luxury things
You don't need to do it all
Not because I don't want to
But because I know, it's useless
I can't be fully happy with all of that
For years I lost myself
Then,
over years I have also learned to understand, love, and accept myself; as I am
And all that did not end in vain
I found what I was looking for; my true self
I understand now
I am happier if you take me for a walk in the park or in the forest
I am happier if you take me to see the sunrise and sunset
I am happier with simple, sincere things
Because that's what makes me feel really happy
So, if you fall in love with me
Please don't take me away to the city






Written on Monday, August 27th 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2016

Kau mendapat surat dari seorang perempuan yang hatinya sudah hancur berkali-kali. Entah apa yang para lelaki sebelumnya perbuat hingga hatinya hancur berkeping-keping. Tapi, kau tak perlu tahu siapa saja mereka. Sudah lewat masanya, tak perlu diingat. Perempuan ini mudah jatuh cinta. Namun, entah apa yang terjadi, suatu hari ia bersumpah untuk berhenti sejenak mencintai laki-laki. Katanya, "Sudah cukup. Aku sudah muak!". Ia sibuk memperbaiki hatinya yang sudah hancur menjadi potongan-potongan kecil. Satu  demi satu ia rangkai potongan itu. Lalu, ia menempelkannya dengan lem yang kuat agar tak ada yang terpisah lagi. Kini hatinya tertutup rapat Tak ada satupun celah yang ia sisakan Tak ada yang bisa masuk Aku kira sumpahnya itu hanya main-main saja. Tapi ternyata, ia bersungguh-sungguh. Setiap kali ada laki-laki yang ingin mendekat dan tanpa pikir panjang, ia langsung menjauh seperti ujung utara dan selatan magnet. Jangan tanya rupa perempuan itu...

Feminisme: Definisi dan Tipe

Hai! Kali ini aku ingin membahas sesuatu yang agak berat. Hmm tentang sebuah paham yang akhir-akhir ini sedang ramai diperbincangkan dan yang katanya isinya perempuan semua (masa sih?). Apa hayoo? Yup! Jawabannya adalah feminisme. Mungkin kalian pernah mendengar tentang paham ini atau mungkin kalian sama sekali gak tahu dan bertanya-tanya apa sih feminisme itu. Oke, dengan pengetahuan yang aku dapatkan dari berbagai referensi buku, video, orang, dll, mari kita bahas apa itu feminisme. Menurut June Hannam di dalam buku Feminism, kata feminisme bisa diartikan sebagai: 1. A recognition of an imbalance of power between the sexes, with woman in a subordinate role to men. 2. A belief that woman condition is  social constructed and therefore can be changed. 3. An emphasis on female autonomy. Singkatnya, feminisme adalah sebuah paham yang muncul ketika perempuan menuntut untuk mendapatkan kesetaraan hak (sosial, politik, dan ekonomi) yang sama dengan laki-laki . Selanjutn...

45 Life Lesson

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good. 2. When in doubt, just take the next small step. 3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. 4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does. 5. Pay off your credit cards every month. 6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree or disagree. 7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone. 8. Save for retirement, starting with your first paycheck. 9. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile. 10. Make peace with your space so it won't screw up to present. 11. It's OK to let your children see you cry. 12. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. 13. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it. 14. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living or get busy dying. 15. You can get through anything if you stay put in today. 16. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write. 17. It's never t...